Sunday, March 23, 2014

I Choose You

So I wanted to give a brief introduction to my blog name. The one I sought out for a while before it came to be. You see, I always knew I wanted to have a blog but I wasn't sure what it would be about. [Literally, it's been years that I've considered this. I like to talk, what can I say?] Would it be about my favorite local eateries? Would I include recipes for my favorite dishes? Should I post about the things I'm crafting? Books I'm reading? Songs I'm loving? Concerts I've been to, local happenings, favorite people...What would it be?

See, all this stuff is great...and I may from time to time share those additional things. However, after spending the past 6 months completely immersed in God's word and His promises it became pretty clear to me this is the answer I had been searching for but never asked for. Doesn't God do just that with so many things?

You see, one thing I've learned is that everything is done for God's glory. If you aren't doing it for God's glory, then you might as well quit. I'm not saying you can't do things and receive pleasure from it, joy, accolades, a sense of encouragement. But if you really want to truly be blessed by God, then I believe the best rewards will come when seeking to praise Him. So a blog was born.
"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
                                         -1 Corinthians 10:31
Now as some of you may already know, I am a huge Sara Bareilles fan. [We are on a first name basis around here, so from this point forward I will simply refer to her as Sara]. As far as I'm concerned she is a lyrical genius. If you don't already love her then I suggest you get familiar with her. She's awesome. Anyways, I tried for days to come up with a blog title from one of her songs. The great thing about blogs on the internet is that someone could have started it in 2005 and never even posted and the blog name is still taken. Thus making it that much harder. Then in God's perfect timing Sara's newest song "I Choose You" came on. I've loved this song since the first day I heard it. If I was getting married soon this song would so be integrated into my wedding somehow, someway. [and quite possibly be even if that's years from now...please note.]

I was listening to the words of the song that I've heard countless times and I said to God, "This is really my song to you!" I had to choose God. I had to choose joy. I had to choose to allow God to have control of the parts of my life that I fear losing. Like I said in my last post, I've been at these crossroads before. But never like this. I've never been so sure of something and then lost it. This was a different ball game and I had to choose to let God in to repair what I had thought I knew how to build. He stood by for years letting me try it on my own. I believe so that when I finally turned to Him I would know just how much I needed His help. How incapable I was on my own. While listening to Sara and reflecting on these things the bridge of the song came on and it was like the angels opened up Blogger to the perfect blog title. [I kid you not, I think I heard the heavenly "Ahhh!" with harps being strung as I typed in the blog name and it said "Available!"]
"My whole heart, will be yours forever 
This is a beautiful start, of a lifelong love letter..." 
                                                -Sara [Bareilles]

Because isn't this a beautiful new start that I've been given? That's the grace of God, my friends. He is infamous for new beginnings. "Then you found me and everything changed. And I believe in something again."  [Really, this song just begs to be analyzed]

The funny thing is that God already sang this song to me. God has been loving me since before I was born. He's had each step planned out. He has his blessing planned out. He already started this lifelong love letter.
"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit, fruit that will last, and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you."
                                                - John 15:16

There's so much more I could say about these scriptures. How they all tie in so perfectly with the place that I'm in right now. However, I believe there will be a time where it'll be better suited that I get into the details with you.

If you would like to check out Sara's song click here to be taken to a lyric video. Let me know what you think!

Love,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment